CATECHISM FOR YOUNG CHILDREN
An Introduction to the Shorter Catechism
Who made you?
What else did God make?
Why did God make you and all things ?
How can you glorify God?
Why ought you to glorify God?
Are there more gods than one?
In how many persons does this one God exist?
A. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost
What is God?
Where is God?
11. Can you see God?
Q. 12. Does God know all things?
13. Can God do all things?
14. Where do you learn how to love and obey God?
15. Who wrote the Bible?
16. Who were our first parents?
17. Of what were our first parents made?
18. What did God give Adam and Eve besides bodies?
19. Have you a soul as well as a body?
20. How do you know that you have a soul?
21. In what condition did God make Adam and Eve?
22. What is a covenant?
23. What covenant did God make with Adam?
24. What was Adam bound to do by the covenant of works?
25. What did God promise in the covenant of works?
26. What did God threaten in the covenant of works?
27. Did Adam keep the covenant of works?
28. What is Sin?
29. What is meant by want of conformity?
30. What is meant by transgression?
31. What was the sin of our first parents?
32. Who tempted them to this sin?
33. What befell our first parents when they had sinned?
34. Did Adam act for himself alone in the covenant of works?
35. What effect had the sin of Adam on all mankind?
36. What is that sinful nature which we inherit from Adam called?
37. What does every sin deserve?
38. Can any one go to heaven with this sinful nature?
39. What is a change of heart called?
40. Who can change a sinner's heart?
41. Can any one be saved through the covenant of works?
42. Why can none be saved through the covenant of works?
43. With whom did God the Father make the covenant of grace?
44. Whom did Christ represent in the covenant of grace?
45. What did Christ undertake in the covenant of grace?
46. Did our Lord Jesus Christ ever commit the least sin?
47. How could the Son of God suffer?
Q. 48. What is meant by the Atonement?
Q. 49. What did God the Father undertake in the covenant of grace?
Q. 50. What is justification?
Q. 51. What is sanctification?
Q. 52. For whom did Christ obey and suffer?
Q. 53. What kind of life did Christ live on earth?
Q. 54. What kind of death did Christ die?
Q. 55. Who will be saved?
Q. 56. What is it to repent?
Q. 57. What is it to believe or have faith in Christ?
Q. 58. Can you repent and believe in Christ by your own power?
Q. 59. How can you get the help of the Holy Spirit?
Q. 60. How long ago is it since Christ died?
Q. 61. How were pious persons saved before the coming of Christ?
Q. 62. How did they show their faith?
Q. 63. What did these sacrifices represent?
Q. 64. What offices has Christ?
Q. 65. What are they?
Q. 66. How is Christ a prophet?
Q. 67. How is Christ a priest?
Q. 68. How is Christ a king?
Q. 69. Why do you need Christ as a prophet?
Q. 70. Why do you need Christ as a priest?
Q. 71. Why do you need Christ as a king?
Q. 72. How many commandments did God give on Mount Sinai?
Q. 73. What are the ten commandments sometimes called?
Q. 74. What do the first four commandments teach?
Q. 75. What do the last six commandments teach?
Q. 76. What is the sum of the ten commandments?
Q. 77. Who is your neighbor?A. All my fellow men are my neighbors.
Q. 78. Is God pleased with those who love and obey him?
Q. 79. Is God displeased with those who do not love and obey him?
Q. 80. What is the first commandment?
Q. 81. What does the first commandment teach us?
Q. 82. What is the second commandment?
Q. 83. What does the second commandment teach us?
Q. 84. What is the third commandment?
Q. 85. What does the third commandment teach me?
Q. 86. What is the fourth commandment?
Q. 87. What does the fourth commandment teach us?
Q. 88. What day of the week is the Christian Sabbath?
Q. 89. Why is it called the Lord's day?
Q. 90. How should the Sabbath be spent?
Q. 91. What is the fifth commandment?
Q. 92. What does the fifth commandment teach me?
Q. 93. What is the sixth commandment?
Q. 94. What does the sixth commandment teach us?
Q. 95. What is the seventh commandment?
Q. 96. What does the seventh commandment teach us?
Q. 97. What is the eighth commandment?
Q. 98. What does the eighth commandment teach us?
Q. 99. What is the ninth commandment?
Q. 100. What does the ninth commandment teach us?
Q. 101. What is the tenth commandment?
Q. 102. What does the tenth commandment teach us?
Q. 103. Can any man keep these ten commandments perfectly?
Q. 104. Of what use are the ten commandments to us?
Q. 105. What is prayer?
Q. 106. In whose name should we pray?
Q. 107. What has Christ given us to teach us how to pray?
Q. 108. Repeat the Lord's Prayer.
Q. 109. How many petitions are there in The Lord's Prayer?
Q. 110. What is the first petition?
Q. 111. What do we pray for in the first petition?
Q. 112. What is the second petition?
Q. 113. What do we pray for in the second petition?
Q. 114. What is the third petition?
Q. 115. What do we pray for in the third petition?
Q. 116. What is the fourth petition?
Q. 117. What do we pray for in the fourth petition?
Q. 118. What is the fifth petition?
Q. 119. What do we pray for in the fifth petition?
Q. 120. What is the sixth petition?
Q. 121. What do we pray for in the sixth petition?
Q. 122. How many sacraments are there?
Q. 123. What are they?
Q. 124. Who appointed these sacraments?
Q. 125. Why did Christ appoint these sacraments?
Q. 126. What sign is used in baptism?
Q. 127. What does this signify?
Q. 128. In whose name are we baptized?
Q. 129. Who are to be baptized?
Q. 130. Why should infants be baptized?
Q. 131. Does Christ care for little children?
Q. 132. To what does your baptism bind you?
Q. 133. What is the Lord's Supper?
Q. 134. What does the bread represent?
Q. 135. What does the wine represent?
Q. 136. Who should partake of the Lord's Supper?
Q. 137. Did Christ remain in the tomb after his crucifixion?
Q. 138. Where is Christ now?
Q. 139. Will he come again?
Q. 140. What becomes of men at death?
Q. 141. Will the bodies of the dead be raised to life again?
Q. 142. What will become of the wicked in the day of judgment?
Q. 143. What is hell?
Q. 144. What will become of the righteous?
Q. 145. What is heaven?